Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 16 - 100 Miles in August - WHAT?

That's right, I said it. 100 miles in August.

But what does it MEAN?

Oh...well, hang on, I'll tell you.

My new friend (let's call her Anna) has given us all a challenge for August. Walk 100 miles over the course of the entire month. She writes - in her nifty blog - that this challenge was inspired by another loser (and by that, I mean WINNER) and she thought, "hey, let's DO this". <-- paraphrasing there, but you get it, right?

ANYway...

You can read right here for all the "rules 'n' stuff and then hop back over so we can talk about this 100 miles thingy.

Because I'm totally doing it - and you should too.

100 miles in August. 100 miles in 31 days. That's (exactly) 3.2258065 miles per day. Exactly. You may  round up or down, you may do 4 miles one day and 3 miles the next...or 7 miles (like that AWESOME and glittery loser, Anna) at a time and get ahead of the game.

However you do it, you CAN do it.

Let's break it down:

100 Miles

31 days

4+ weeks

...hmmm...can you walk/jog/run/swim/bike/treadmill/elliptical 100 miles in August?

It's only 25 miles a week.

AND you have an extra 3 days (going by weeks, here) on top of that.

Easy Peasy!

One thing I do recommend is running (...er walking, jogging, swimming, biking...) out and getting yourself a nifty lil pedometer to keep track of your miles. I'm going to pick a new one up (the old one is toast = sad face) tomorrow and can't wait to begin stepping my way toward healthy with Anna's challenge.

Oh, I did start today. It's the FIRST, isn't it?

But unless I'm at the gym I can't track it ALL properly. And since today is my weights/circuit day - which includes moving boxes, flights of stairs, and furniture, I won't be able to know exactly how many miles to mark.

Unless, of course, I do make it to the gym later for a stroll (usually 3+ miles) on the treadmill. But I'm being honest, the above workout is going to take me 3-4 hours and will burn more than 1000 calories so I don't see gym time in my day, today.

OMG, I'm rambling.

Who knew NOT weighing in would have me going on and on and ON.

Hey, I heard that snicker - HA. HA. You already know this on and on and ON thing about me.

No apologies. It's what I do.

Now let's all get moving.

Till next time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


100 Miles Challenge Update: 


Sandi: Today - 2 miles (guesstimating all the stairs etc.)


Anna: Today - 6.5 miles, Month - 11.7 miles


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(If you would like me to keep track of your miles here, let me know. I simply stole Anna's stats right from her blog - which, you will note, I linked three times here. GO READ IT, I said.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here's some funky Punky, just because 
sharing a picture each day makes me happy!

Mah BB with her new blue cast!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





3 comments:

  1. I feel so special! Thanks for pimping me properly! I always love reading your post. Kindred spirits methinks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in this. I have done 6 miles today so far. I will be walking more later( weather permitting) and will update you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing a bit of you with me, may we all traverse through this life happily!