Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 17 - And Then Life Happens

You know about life, right?

That pesky lil thing that is our whole existence...

Well, yesterday it got a bit in the way of what I WANTED to get done.

Rather than freak out, derail, self-sabotage, and cry about it, I EMBRACED it.

First? 

What happened...

It seems that when I make a plan (sometimes) and say it out loud, it just doesn't go the way I'd...well, planned.

Yesterday I had PLANNED to work for at least 3 hours moving boxes, packing (stuff) and hauling it all to the first floor in preparation for our move. As we get closer to the date, I'm hoping that much of our big old, ridiculously spaced, and tired 'ol house will occupy the first floor and make it that much easier for ALL the helpers on moving day.

3 hours - which would have been a GLORIOUS number (love those numbers, I do...) on the calories burned scale.

90 minutes in?

I had to be done. I had forgotten about dinner plans at G's moms and I had other stuff that had to be done and then to get ready to go.

Okay, only 90 minutes yesterday, no biggie.

So then, after discussing with G about my having the car today, we decided that he needed it more.

Okay, so no trip to Walmart, no pedometer, no back-to-school with Punky - we'll go Friday. No biggie. I'll walk to the gym, do an hour on the treadmill, and spend time moving boxes etc. today.

Best laid plans...as they say...again. 

I woke up this morning with an early morning visitor who sometimes comes in like a lamb. Not THIS darn month. She's here, she's pissed, and she is letting me know.

So today?

I PLAN to take it off - the whole day. I know what absolutely needs doing - and I'm not going to do another thing more. I deserve a day to rest and breathe and give in a little to my least favorite Auntie.

Which DOES NOT mean Stouffer's French Bread, powdered donuts, soda, ramen noodles, or any of that other crap she usually gets.

Firstly, she's not craving it, and secondly, even if she did, I'm just not giving in that far. A little I said, just a restful day to myself and for myself.

Selfish, yes. Self-sabotage, no.

Let's just see how these plans transpire.

Till next time!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

100 Miles Challenge Update: 

Sandi: Today - as little as possible, Month - 2 miles

Anna: Today - 6.3 miles, Month - 18 miles

Kathy: Month - 6 miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, if you want me to track your miles for August, just shoot me a note and I will add you to the blog. If you are here already and I've got your numbers wrong, just shoot me...no, no, just let me know and I'll change it. I'm good with that. Cheers!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G and Zen Collaborate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I make no apologies for any inappropriate girl talk above. 
It's part of that life thing and this is my diary, if you don't like it, quit bein' so darn nosy
...she says, sweetly!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



2 comments:

  1. Oh, lucky you! Wouldn't it be nice if that thing didn't happen every month when we were dieting? That would be grand. *lol*

    Good for you for rolling with the punches. A day off is not going to hurt you. In the past you might have gotten annoyed and comfort eaten with all the obstacles, but look at you go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice if it never happened ever, lol. And there are ways to fix that but I have this thing about tipping the scales of what God intended...weird but true. :) And you are right, my day off is going fabulously, getting a lot of admin stuff done (at my leisure) and I'm not pigging on crap. YAY!!

    Thanks for weighin' in, Bernie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing a bit of you with me, may we all traverse through this life happily!