Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 102 - By the Gallon and OH So Important!

Can you guess what today's FAB Fitness Tip from Barb is?

I've talked about it before. More than once. And so has Barb. Heck, our good friend Stephanie touts it copiously (and for good reason) too!

Water! The importance of getting in your water each day! Here's what she says:


FAB FITNESS TIP #11  Drink At Least 8 Glasses Of Water A Day

Drinking eight glasses of water may sound like a lot, but once you get into the routine of drinking water, you'll discover that it's pretty easy to consume 64 ounces of water.  In fact, it's recommended that you drink an ounce of water for each pound of half your weight.  Have a glass when you first get up and drink a glass every hour or hour and a half.  Don't care for the taste of plain water?  Add a slice of citrus, a splash of juice or a non-calorie tea.  Enjoy some seltzer water.  Or make mint or ginger tea by setting the water and tea leaves (or ginger) in the sun for six hours.  Love cherries?  Blend 10 cherries with 2 cups water and add to a gallon of water.  Water will keep your joints well lubricated and your hunger at bay.  Next time you think you might be hungry, try drinking a glass of water first.  You'll most likely discover that you're no longer hungry.

Now, Barb offers several different ways in which you may consume your water, daily. But the most important piece of the above is that you simply MUST DO IT.

At least 8 glasses of water (8 ounces) each day and if you really want to ramp it up (and I can't STRESS this enough) then drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day. She states that too but I'm REITERATING this point because it is so very important.

The one caveat to this is that you shouldn't think you can get it in all at once. You can drown from drinking too much water in a short amount of time and we don't want THAT to happen!

So there you have it. Now go grab a glass and get to drinking.

Water!

It's what's for ... EVERY meal and all day in between!

Now...

Where the heck have I been?

Oh heavens. I could tell you stories...but I won't, not here right now. I've just been super busy. And yes, it means I'm lagging again. I'm not proud of that but I am aware. To that end I have made some conscious decisions - getting back on My Fit Pal, etc. AND I have a new work out partner. We've only met up once but working out together will definitely help us keep each other in check. YAY!

I can't believe that I've been on this journey for 101 days. WOW!

Let's get caught up on miles and a pic and that's it for today. I may be changing the structure of the blog, more on that next week!

Till next time!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Virtual Trip(s)

Michele: 10.5 miles

Anna: 270 miles

Sandi: 199.02 miles

Debbie: 115 miles

Kathy: 180.54 miles

Stephanie: 242.44 miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My October Goals:

Walk 130 miles - 97.52 = 32.48 miles to go!
Swim 20 hours - 6 hours, 30 minutes = 13 hours, 30 minutes to go! The pool is HEATED!
Post Daily at My Fitness Pal - No, Ugh. 
Eat at home 25 dinners - 18 down, 7 to go!
Hit 50 pounds down - 7.4 pounds to go!
Reward with the much coveted compression suit - Only 7.4 pounds to go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Weight: 306.4
Goal Weight: 150
Today's Weight: 263.8
Total Lost to Date: 42.6

This surprised me, today! I like surprises sometimes :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing a bit of you with me, may we all traverse through this life happily!