Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 88 - Barb Says Go Hungry

Do you like that?

My attention getting headline up there...

HaHa.

Uh Oh. It might just be one of THOSE kinds of days. YAY! Just keepin' it interesting, folks.

ANYway...

Barb didn't say starve. And she didn't say go hungry all the time. Here is what she said, really. You know, her usual FAB Friday Fitness tip:


Cut Off Eating At Least Two Hours Prior To Bedtime

To help get a good night's sleep, stop consuming food and caffeinated drinks at least two hours prior to bedtime.  This will allow your body time to process the food.  During the night, your body will be able to refuel more efficiently.  You'll be less apt to wake up during the night with stomach issues or gas.  Also, when you consume calories late at night, they are harder to burn.  By adopting an eating schedule, such as three small meals and two snacks, you won't have such an urge to eat late at night.  If you do feel hungry, drink a glass of water or a cup of herbal tea. 

Well isn't that just one more brilliant tip?!!!

Yes. It is.

Barb states that in order for your body to process the food from the day AND to refuel efficiently while you sleep, you must stop eating at least two hours before bedtime.

She's right, ya know. Going to bed "hungry" (not ravenous and ready to chew your arm off) is a great way to aid in your weight loss success. I know this one works. I've used it the last two days - as I am BACK ON TRACK, People - and it just feels better. I'm not going to bed with a too full belly. I'm waking up rarin' to go, and I am loving my scale.

So give it a try. Plan your daily routine (another FAB tip from Barb), keep a glass of water by your bed (ANOTHER fab Barb tip), and wake up ready to eat a healthy breakfast to start the new day (Yes, you guessed it, one more FAB Barb tip).

Whoa. That's a FAB Barb tip for today and 3 extra FAB Barb tips; she is AWESOME. YAY!

Okay. Gotta jet. Busy busy BZZZZY today. I get to walk all 16 floors of my apartment building handing out fliers for our next Paparazzi Accessories Open House. Yes, I'm excited about that. It's exercise. Then I'm off to the Library (walking) and then to get approval on another flyer and...wait. YOU don't need to know all this.

Hope your day is just as fun-filled and FABULOUS as mine!

Till next time!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Our Virtual Trip(s)

Michele: 10.5 miles

Anna: 210 miles

Sandi: 140.70 miles

Debbie: 85 miles

Kathy: 129.74 miles

Stephanie: 172.43 miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My October Goals:

Walk 130 miles - 39.2 = 90.8 miles to go!
Swim 20 hours - 2 hours, 30 minutes = 17 hours, 30 minutes to go! The pool is HEATED!
Post Daily at My Fitness Pal - YES!
Eat at home 25 dinners - 8 down, 17 to go!
Hit 50 pounds down - 12.4 pounds to go!
Reward with the much coveted compression suit - Only 12.4 pounds to go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Weight: 306.4
Goal Weight: 150
Today's Weight: 268.8
Total Lost to Date: 37.6

Me and My TOES :) 















PS: Today is day 88 and if you know me, then you might know that 8 is my FAVORITE number. And yes, I wrote about it once!

Eight Fun Facts About the Number 8

******** 
Remember, all links contained within my blog will take you to pages I personally have visited and/or they are my own (e.g., former blog posts, articles at Yahoo!Voices, other blogs I LOVE, etc.). You may click each and every one with confidence. Cheers! 
********

1 comment:

  1. With all the tips this morning I'm feeling a little tip-sy....hahaha.....get it tipsy...Okay, not so funny. But as usual your blog is lined with humor and important information.

    I usually try to got to bed slightly hungry. But since I don't usually go to bed until around mid-night I make sure I plan for an evening snack of something light like a piece of fruit or maybe some yogurt or something along those lines. Somthing light and just enough to curb the hunger until I go to bed. It really does work.

    I don't keep water by my bed because I have a cat who likes to play in the water and she has a tendency to spill any glass of water left unattended too long.....not a good thing.

    And finally, I always eat a healthy breakfast. Ususlly oatmeal, although I'm out of oatmeal this morning, but even eggs and toast are actually a good healthy option. Eggs for protein and whole wheat toast for fiber. I don't eat eggs everyday, so two eggs for breakfast won't blow my cholesterol for the week, for the day maybe....but overall it's okay. Two poached eggs, 2 slices of whole grain toast and a little butter......Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing a bit of you with me, may we all traverse through this life happily!