Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 26 - Oh PLEASE Cook Me THIS, Steffie!

One of the best parts about taking THIS weight loss journey (as opposed to the countless others I have been on and then subsequently failed to reach my destination) are the people I'm dragging along with me.

Well, I'm not dragging them, so much. But they are there with me; sometimes dragging me, I'm sure.

ANYway, what I MEAN is: I've been incredibly fortunate to meet (f2f and online) an amazing group of people who are struggling with their weight, same as me.

The BEST PART of THAT is, that they all bring something unique to the table. I've mentioned several already, but today I want to share my fabulous friend, Stephanie, with you.

We're already at the table, right? So, let's discuss FOOD.

I know, I know...not especially the best topic around a bunch of food addicts. But I promise, this will be worth your while.

You see, Stephanie runs a tasty little blog called Cook Me This with Steffie, and it is AWESOME. Not only is she sharing healthy treats these days but she also takes pictures of her yummies to post along with.

AND I LOVE VISUALS!

Whether you are in the mood for Tabouli (I haven't made the homemade yet but I do love this "dip") or salad or pesto or chicken, you will LOVE to see what Steffie is cooking up next.

Steffie also offers posts about health and food related items that can aid us ALL on our weight loss journey; as well she includes a handy pantry guide for items you should never be without.

Now, I'm going to share a secret...one of mine, not hers (I don't know her THAT well, people...)...

Before embarking on this (last) weight loss journey, I was not a big fan of cooking. I'm lazy, I'm disorganized in the kitchen, I don't have time, I don't WANNA...whatever.

However, with Stephanie's fabulous motivation to visit my kitchen more often, I have cooked more in the last 26 days then I have in the last year. True story.

And what I'm slingin' these days is healthy and tasty. Much like what you'll find when you visit Cook Me This. And just so's ya know, if you can't bear to leave Facebook to see Steffie's awesomeness, now you don't HAVE to, wooHOO. Just go here and like the page, and be updated often with all her yummy creations and good food news! YAY!

So, go on, grab a dinner idea (or lunch, or snack or...just go...) and fall in love with food all over again.

We are what we eat, so let's make us all MMmmMMM, GOOD!

Till next time!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 100 Miles Challenge Update: 

Sandi: 23.25 miles

Anna:  24.6 miles

Kathy: 30.55 miles

Steffie: 31.60 miles 

Bernie: 4.3 miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, if you want me to track your miles for August, just shoot me a note and I will add you to the blog. If you are here already and I've got your numbers wrong, just shoot me...no, no, just let me know and I'll change it. I'm good with that. Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Something Healthy, I Said!





















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess WHAT, people? Now you say...

WHAT?

Well, I'll just tell you. I've had 300 more lookie loos to my diary in just 10 more days. That makes it 600+ views since beginning my journey. I know ... I don't have to share that kind of thing with you. But I'm oddly tickled (yikes, seriously) that you all are enjoying my diary so much. I didn't start it so YOU could be so nosy, but now, I'd miss your voyeuristic style if you left. Thank you, sincerely. I promise, this crazy good train has only just left the station. Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing a bit of you with me, may we all traverse through this life happily!