Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 23 - Taking That First Step

Yesterday I managed to take almost 15,000 steps; tallied by my trusty new BERNdometer (I love that thing).

My goal for this week is to walk at least 10,000 steps per day and yesterday surely was a GREAT start - just over 7 miles total.

But I want to talk about the first step...

da da DA (famous three dots in thriller movies and the like).

Taking That First Step.

Well, I can assure you, most sadly and sincerely, I have taken that first step more times than I care to count or admit.

Haven't we all?

THIS time I'm going to do it.

THIS time I'm going to lose this fat.

THIS time - say Monday - I'll begin my new life.

THIS time I'll stick to it.

THIS time - blah blah blah.

Been there?

Yep, we all have.

So what makes THIS first step different?

Ahhh...

Who says it's different?

I do. Because it is. THIS time I am doing it. I am losing this fat. I did NOT begin on a Monday. I am sticking to it.

This time the first step isn't going to be followed by blah blah blah.

Why?

Because after taking all those other first steps, missed steps, steps backwards and sideways, I now realize that the most important part of taking that first step is believing that I am worth taking the second and third and fourth and the millionth. All the way to the last step, when I've reached my goal and I can happily and healthfully say - THIS time I took that first step toward the rest of my life and I darn well deserve it.

And so do you. 

So here's to that first step, and the second and ALL the steps you'll take upon your journey. Every day, every moment, remember you deserve this, you ARE worth it, and even if you misstep, you will KEEP ON stepping toward good health.

So, go on, get to steppin'...

Till next time!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 100 Miles Challenge Update: 

Sandi: 19.25 miles

Anna:  24.6 miles

Kathy: 16.23 miles

Steffie: 21.25 miles 

Bernie: 4.3 miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember, if you want me to track your miles for August, just shoot me a note and I will add you to the blog. If you are here already and I've got your numbers wrong, just shoot me...no, no, just let me know and I'll change it. I'm good with that. Cheers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Realizing She Had More Freedom with Every Step




















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing a bit of you with me, may we all traverse through this life happily!